Periodic competitions are held and within each competition there are categories for prints and digital images, monochrome and color.
Only McLean Photography Club members who have paid their dues are eligible to compete.
Topics may be assigned. Use these guidelines to prepare and submit your images for entry into a club competition.
- A single image can only be entered in one category in a given competition year.
- Members may enter as many as twelve (12) images with no more than three images in any one category.
- Monochrome Prints - All prints must be matted, must be 5 x 7 or larger with a minimum 1/8 inch foam core backing. (No frames)
- Color Prints - All prints must be matted, must be 5 x 7 or larger with a minimum 1/8 inch foam core backing. (No frames)
- Monochrome Digital - Resize each image to a maximum size of 1400 horizontal pixels and 1050 vertical pixels (constrain proportions and resample image)
- Color Digital - Resize each image to a maximum size of 1400 horizontal pixels and 1050 vertical pixels (constrain proportions and resample image)
- E-mail your digital photo files to MPCCompete@gmail.com no later than 3 days prior to the Competition
- Important - you must receive a confirmation email from MPCCompete@gmail.com; otherwise, we may not have received your submission.
- View the Digital Competition Guidelines as a PDF file in a new window.*
- Two (2) or three (3) entries; First Place..
- Four (4) or five (5) entries: First and Second Places.
- Six (6) or more entries: 25 percent of all entries, with all fractions rounded upwards, from which First Second and Third places will be chosen and the remaining award winners will receive honorable mentions.
- No awards will be shared.
- Judges must make all awards specified by these rules.
* View a detailed example of Digital Competition Preparation using Photoshop or Photoshop Elements, including steps for inserting a black background when an image is smaller than 1400 x 1050 pixels.